Thanks to Niki, while in college I became addicted to movie quotes (and movies). The hed on this post is a nod to T2 Judgement Day, when the Terminator, John Connor and his mom are in this teeny little truck being chased by the liquid metal terminator in a huge semi tanker truck.
John: Step on it!
T (Ahhhhnold): Dis is de vehicle's top schpeed.
John: I could get out and run faster than this!
That's how I feel about this daggone dial-up connection. There are five high-speed internet connections in our neighborhood at home in Bittytown, not counting our own. Here in Virginia, no one on my mom's block has it for me to mooch off of, so I have to dial up. Ugh. It's killing me. I might as well send email by carrier pigeon. So while I am here, please don't send me any emails with huge attachments ... they will not download.
So far the trip has been "eh." We took Mr. Biggy to the Virginia Museum of Transportation on Tuesday, but all he wanted to do was play on the playground equipment. Coulda gone to the park for free. Today Mr. Pretty and I spent three hours in the ER because he didn't sleep a wink last night (so, me neither). Guess what? Infection in both ears.
But things are looking up. We get to go to a cool old 1960s Krispy Kreme on Friday and on Saturday, visit Peggy, one of my best friends from High School. [Peggy, I will call you back!]
No pictures yet, sorry. It would probably take a month to upload. I'll post them when we return from the land of the lost high-speed Internet connections.
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment