OK, it's not even noon and this has been quite a crappy day. Or couple of days.
The crappiness started yesterday when I turned on the kitchen faucet and it sprayed water out the side about three feet into the air. Dominion Homes puts the cheapest $#*+ in the known universe in their houses. This faucet cost $90 (OK, not the cheapest, but fairly cheap) and it only lasted 3 1/2 years. The replacement part to correct it cost $32 plus shipping, so we just figured we'd replace it.
Yesterday was the shot clinic for kids at the County Health Dept. I have to take the kids to get their shots there, not at the doctor's office where it is more convenient, because our health insurance only reimburses for the value of vaccinations as offered by the county. So, our doctor charges $40 for a shot, but the county charges $10.
Anyway, I bathe the kids and get them ready. I get down there and I am informed that the clinic is in the evening today, not the morning. I almost deep fry the receptionist with my angry mommy laser vision.
So we have to go back in the evening. We get back at 5 p.m. or so, and after selling me on the flu vaccines for the boys, I am informed that Aron needs FOUR shots (for Kindergarten) and Nate will have THREE. Instantly I regret not making Kurt come with me.
Nate cried a bit then regained his composure (typical for babies). But for days I was telling Aron that the time he burned his finger on the pizza pan hurt ten times worse than the shots will hurt. Well, apparently I was lying. He jumped so bad when stuck that blood shot everywhere and we had to hold him down to get all the rest of the shots. "Mom, make me a deal," he sobbed. "Never take me there again!!!"
After a trip to Home Depot (for a new faucet) and Wal-Mart (for the toy I promised Aron for enduring the shots), we get home and I decide I want to color my hair. Since I have the hair of a woman 20 years older and apparently the face of a person ten years younger (I was carded in VA when I ordered a beer -- get REAL people), it was time to cover the gray. Well, as I have learned a MILLION times before, I never have success when I try to color my own hair. Inevitably it's always too something. Too blonde, too dark, too red. Well, this time it's too red. I'll just condition the heck out of it and hope for the best.
This morning I woke up with a headache from having bad dreams and grinding my teeth all night. And the cat has taken to sleeping ON my pillow, which causes me to want to evict him. Foot of the bed is OK. Cat @$$ in my face, NOT OK.
I made coffee. This is a big deal since I usually only have coffee on the weekend because I like the way a full pot tastes. A small pot is usually too strong or too weak. I put it in a travel mug. Aron and I were playing with his new Galactic Heroes that he got last night and Nate grabbed the mug and dumped it all over himself and the rug. It was already cooled, so he didn't burn himself, but I was yelling at him to STOP STOP STOP as I jumped over the arm of the couch and succeeded in, of course, not stopping him, but terrifying him.
After I cleaned that up, I needed to vacuum. I set some uneaten cat food on top of the TV and, yup, you guessed it, it fell down behind the TV. The instant I placed it there, I thought, this is not a good thing to do. This is very unstable and it will likely fall. Worst part: it was canned cat food. All over the rug and all over the wall, but thankfully not on the TV. Had to clean that up. Whatever I missed I'm sure the ants will get this Spring.
Aron is now watching Zathura for the millionth time since we got it, but we need to get bathed and dressed for school today -- it's picture day!!!
Well, that's it for now. If it gets any worse, I'll be sure to post later. If I have an ounce of energy left!!!
Thursday, March 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aww, heck, Nik. That stinks. No one has ever stolen our identity 'cause they'd likely get about $2.95 out of our account. I am sorry.
And thanks for the empathy. Parenthood isn't usually this difficult, but some days, it's a trial. And let's face it, a number of these stupid happenstances are entirely the result of my inability to function on my 100 remaining brain cells.
Loves.
Post a Comment