News, news, news, my friends. I am now gainfully employed full-time as an attorney. I start tomorrow with a very well-established and respected local firm. I'll be continuing my work as prosecutor, plus handling real estate, property, estates and probate and divorce law. Upside is that I can work full-time and start making the long-anticipated lawyer money, which is sorely need to pay the long-ignored student loans. Downside is that I no longer get to hang with the rugrats all day after court adjourns in the a.m. Oh well. Can't have it all. Like other working moms, I'm sure I'll salve my guilt by buying them toys and spoiling them beyond recognition. I will proceed to further self-medicate by buying that Mercedes Benz sedan I've wanted since childhood. What? Don't I deserve a Mercedes? Yes, I do. But I probably won't get one for many, many years to come. If ever. Because the next vehicle purchase will be a minivan. Snore.
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
I is a lawyer
News, news, news, my friends. I am now gainfully employed full-time as an attorney. I start tomorrow with a very well-established and respected local firm. I'll be continuing my work as prosecutor, plus handling real estate, property, estates and probate and divorce law. Upside is that I can work full-time and start making the long-anticipated lawyer money, which is sorely need to pay the long-ignored student loans. Downside is that I no longer get to hang with the rugrats all day after court adjourns in the a.m. Oh well. Can't have it all. Like other working moms, I'm sure I'll salve my guilt by buying them toys and spoiling them beyond recognition. I will proceed to further self-medicate by buying that Mercedes Benz sedan I've wanted since childhood. What? Don't I deserve a Mercedes? Yes, I do. But I probably won't get one for many, many years to come. If ever. Because the next vehicle purchase will be a minivan. Snore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oooo..probate law! I really enjoyed that when I clerked short-term for the probate judge here right after law school. It was so interesting!
Congrats on the job!!!!
And, you can always get a Mercedes mini-van! hahaha.
- tlc
Congratulations! And don't get the Mercedes SUV/minivan thing. My boss has one and it is not all it should be. Get a Chrysler Town & Country. Very posh and roomy; I had one as a rental.
I hope you still have time for bloggy fun.
Post a Comment