OK, all you Ohioans, "guv'nuh" is what we call the chief executive officer of a state in the South. Up here, I hope we'll be calling him Governor Strickland in January. I expect everyone to be registered to vote and to motor on out to the polls this fall. May I humbly suggest that you seriously consider voting for Ted Strickland, who is in my opinion, the only worthy candidate for governor this year. Learn more about him at his website. He's a minister, a psychologist and a professor. He's smart, sensitive and very motivated. He's steadily moved through Ohio politics for some years and has demonstrated his commitment to justice and to the people (ALL the people) of Ohio.
A few weeks ago his wife, Frances, was here in Bittytown and I'm here to tell you, she was SO nice. Yes, I did take this picture of her. I wanted to get a pic with her, but I chickened out. I know, you're thinking, "Tori, chicken out?" Yeah, I just didn't want to look like a groupie.
There were maybe 20 of us who got to sit with her and speak one on one. She was very sweet, a great guitar player and had written some hilarious songs about her husband. It was great to see a potential first lady a pickin' and a grinnin', since typically all they do is the grinnin'. Like her husband, she is also Dr. Strickland, and her degree is also in psychology.
I feel that Ted has the strength of character, the experience and the demeanor of a governor. He has wonderful ideas about where our state needs to go forward and what has to be done to make that happen. I urge you to vote for him in November.
No comments:
Post a Comment