I can always tell when Kurt's Dungeons and Dragons buddies have been here gaming. The evidence is clear: pencil eraser dust on my kitchen table. It's so cute that my Kurtie plays D&D with his geeky buddies. He's even going to a gaming party on Saturday. As punishment for this abandonment, I'll be at the mall. Totally unsupervised. Of course, I will also have the kids, so the most I'll get a chance to buy will be a cup of buttery mini pretzels from Auntie Em's. But no matter, it'll still feel naughty because I could go to the Gap and buy a whole new summer wardrobe. Of course, I won't, because the kids won't let me out of the play area, I'm sure.
Aron just said to me this morning that he had a funny dream last night: He dreamed he was a girl, he giggled. "What did you do as a girl," I asked. "I worked a lot and I cleaned up cat poo." Funny, that's what I do around here: work a lot and clean out the litter box.
I too had a strange dream; they increase in numbers and weirdness when I am stressed. I dreamed I had an affair with ... Al Roker. But it was weird because I was living in a college dorm. I would analyze this for you, but I have no explanation. Only embarrassment.
Also of note: My body totally broke out in red, itchy welts yesterday. It started in the morning and by bedtime I was almost totally covered. Perhaps it was hives, or exposure to some unknown allergen that I have been unable to pinpoint. But I have NO allergies that I know of, except to milk/ice cream, which I love and consume anyway. By 11 p.m. last night I looked like a leper. Luckily we had Benadryl, so I took two and this morning they were almost entirely gone. Weird. Probably some psychosomatic response to stress, I guess ... she says, utilizing Dr. Phil-like diagnosis skills and a big word that she doesn't really understand.
Well, it's off to the dentist this morning for Aron and me. Hopefully he will be cavity free again or else I'm going to get the accusatory stare from the dentist, which looks like concern but is really judging me, i.e. Aron has cavities, ergo I am a bad mother.
That crap doesn't work on me anymore. After doing work for Jim, I KNOW what bad mothering is. A couple of cavities won't get anywhere in court.
Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow...Al Roker and hives...all in one day. And I thought I was stressed. hahaha.
Well...we're down to the wire. Here's to one more day of stress.
hugs,
traci :)
Post a Comment