Monday, January 12, 2009

New to the XGames: Extreme Nesting


I cleaned the house for two straight days. This bizarre nesting instinct is the strongest that I have ever experienced. I kept working even when I knew, logically, that I should be exhausted, and that it was time to sit down and watch the full BBC version of "Pride & Prejudice," followed up by all my Barbra Streisand movies. Right now I am so tired I can't see straight, but I still want to vacuum, disinfect, wash, fold, cull or organize something.

By the way ... emergency back-up name in case it's a girl: Rachael Frances. Hey, ultrasounds have been wrong! And no, I am not being ridiculous, at least not in my own hormonally stewed mind. Such a small preparation is practical. What is also practical is the amount of boy stuff at the house; we are emotionally and otherwise prepared for yet another gorgeous boy child. But, I sure would hate to be stuck at the last second without a plan. We Type A's do NOT like the "no game plan" scenario. It is known to bring on panic attacks, depression, insomnia and crying fits. Must plan. Must, must plan.

1 comment:

Summer said...

Come over! You can clean here!

Beautiful name for a girl, but have you decided on the name you most likely WILL need?