Saturday, November 08, 2008

Er, who thought this up? and other musings

I am using the internet for researching the disparity between the baby's gestational age and his fundal height, and I come across this site, with this bizarre pregnancy clairvoyant (read: randomly selected answers from a database). So, I typed in all my answers, and here's what it said:

"The day you deliver, outside will be rainy. Your baby will arrive at night. After a labor lasting approximately 4 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 7 pounds, 12 ounces, and will be 18 inches long. This child will have hazel eyes and dark hair. But there is more. I get the impression that you have some questions -- unresolved concerns you have been too shy to address with your caregiver. This is quite typical. You might appreciate some of the advice to some of these seemingly embarassing pregnancy questions."

Who thought this up? So strange. And, it's got to be wrong, because he probably weighs 7 pounds NOW. He's huge. I can feel him in there, and he's much stronger than the other two were.

Funny, he can hear very well already. When the boys are playing in the room, he wakes up, moves around and kicks a ton. And, he LOVES food with raw garlic. Or hates it, maybe -- when I eat anything with uncooked garlic the kid is on the move for hours.

I still have no idea what we are naming him. I have a short list of names that I don't mind, but I'm waiting to have that special "AAAAAH!" (think choirs of angels) moment when I think, "YES, that's it!" I'll post the list in the near future.

I'm doing an Emmaus Walk next weekend. I am not stoked about sleeping on mattresses on the floor, and hopefully there will be a shower ('cause I am a sweaty whale right now), but I am looking forward to it. My boss has wanted me to do it for years, and all the people I know who have done it have really benefitted. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: