Friday, November 17, 2006

Cops & Alcohol

For the last few days I have been taking a NHTSA Alcohol Detection and Prosecution class. This class is for law enforcement officers; it teaches them how to administer Field Sobriety Tests (yep, on the roadside) and how to gather and document evidence for prosecution of OVIs. It has been an invaluable learning experience for me. I am steadly working towards my goal of becoming an A-1 bad ass prosecutor. I hate $4,000 per case OVI defense attorneys. I just want to eat them for breakfast when they swagger in and try to suppress evidence, trying to save their client (a.k.a. Drunk Loser) from a few days in jail. It's on like Donkey Kong now.

I'm hanging out with Sheriff's deputies all day during this training, and I can tell you, those guys are nuts. They keep trying to convince me that I should "take a Taser." As in, let them fire a Taser at me; the barbs will pierce my skin deliver 50,000 volts of electricity for five seconds. Despite having given it about two seconds of serious consideration, I'm sticking with my original answer of "Hell, no."

Kurt and the bebes are gone this weekend to Tiger Country, Ohio. I will be at home by my lonesome, decorating for Christmas. I have to take the class tomorrow from 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., then it's home for the game!

GO BUCKS!
MI SUCKS!

Or whatever. I'm not from around here, y'all know that.

No comments: