A good friend of mine, who is coincidentally a victim of rape, shared this tidbit with me.
Barbie's municipality -- and the police chief who served under her -- were one of a few cities in the state of Alaska that were making victims pay $1,000 to process their own rape kits ... in a state where the rape rate is 2.5 times the national average.
GOP Barbie had no idea this was going on, say her supporters. I find that hard to believe. Her town has 7,000 inhabitants. That is 1/3 the size of Bittytown, where I live, friends, and I can tell you that our budget is less than a few million dollars -- and the administration knows how every cent is spent.
Basic human rights, people, include the right not to be victimized, then victimized again by your government. Just thought you might want to be informed what the potential next president of this country thinks about the rights of women, as evidenced by policy that she allowed to continue under one of her administrations.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment