Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The gig is up

Aron says last week, "Mom, if presents from Santa Claus are free, then why do some kids not get any Christmas presents?"
Hoo boy. That really stumped me. I wussed out with, "Hmm, buddy, that's a good question. I don't really know." I'm afraid to give him too much extra information, lest he figure it out. But, I'm feeling that I might be powerless to stop it now.
Anyway, included for your viewing pleasure: the *best* photo we had to choose from for this year's Christmas cards. You will be receiving something other than this. Why? I look dorky (I'm squinting because I can't see, since I took my glasses off b/c I'm vain), Kurt looks put off and the boys are, well, non-cooperative. Cute, but non-cooperative. Nate looked at the picture and says, about me, "You're mad!" Not the warmest picture of me ever, for sure.

4 comments:

Traci said...

aww...i like this photo. it's not that bad. heck, we used a disney vacation photo because we couldn't get the girls to cooperate in front of our tree in their xmas dresses. and i look like c.r.a.p. in our photo! :)

Mountain Mama said...

Nu-uh! You look super cute! I love that picture.

There's a lesson here: we are just too dern hard on ourselves.

Traci said...

i suppose that's true. :) [just part and parcel of being a woman, i guess!]

niki said...

You don't look mad. Before I read your post I thought it was a really great family photo. And still do.

As for the Santa thing, I feel your pain. Daley has asked a few times this year whether Santa is real. So far we are sticking with, he's real if you believe in him.

But I think this is the last year for that.