Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Available now in your grocer's Asian section

I will eat a lot of stuff. I am not daunted by new and unusual foods. I remember fondly a trip to Springfield, Ohio, to my friend Punam's house while in college. Niki and Anita ate Hamburger Helper, and I ate chutneys, poori and everything else that was put in front of me. My children have inherited this adventurous spirit.

Aron insisted that we purchase these confusing and disturbing snacks last time we were in the Asian section of the supermarket. I was mortified. The only thing that should taste like shrimp is shrimp, I say. But, the minis have no such hang ups. They enthusiastically pounded down the bag. I liken them to fishy Andy Capp's hot fries. They are not like potato chips, as it is possible to eat only one. And to immediately regret it.

No comments: