Angelina Jolie is adopting another kid. So, that will make four kids total. I don't know, maybe she really likes being a mom, but I just cannot imagine having so many kids. It's hard enough to take care of two, in my opinion. I guess if you're loaded, you have some assistance.
Seems to me that the more kids you have, the harder it is to be there for each one. You know, when you have that many you're mostly just taking care of their basic needs and making sure they don't wail on each other, instead of making strides to enrich their lives. I could be wrong, and it could be that I am projecting my inadequacies and limitations as a parent on to other people (i.e. I know that I could not handle four kids). It just does not seem realistic that one can be a truly present parent when you have so many needs to address, and you have to bounce all over the planet to work and plan your next adoption.
Maybe it wouldn't be so weird if she gave birth each one. Not sure why I feel like she's collecting children to demonstrate her political beliefs. But what do I know about her personally? All I know is what I read in People magazine: that she was smooching her brother on the red carpet, she played at least some role in alienating the affections of a married man and she was raised in one of the most morally upside-down places on the planet: Hollywood.
That leads me to today's Random Theory. Angelina once had a hideous tattoo of Billy Bob Thornton's name on her shoulder and upper arm, and a dragon underneath. She had it removed and is now tattoing the latitude and longitude of each place one of her kids was born. If she keeps collecting kids, pretty soon the whole arm will be covered and the remainder of the Billy Bob tattoo will be completely obscured. I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of this, but it's not implausible, is it?
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm right there with you. Heck, I can barely manage my 2 kids right now....I am often left feeling like I'm going to win the "Inadequate Mommy of the Year" award.
But, the Jolie-Pitts do have A LOT of money...so you are probably right on target when you say they have lots of help.
However, I also think it seems like she is now "collecting" kids to make some sort of point. She even said on 20/20 that she wants another African child so her daughter "Z" can relate to someone, and another Asian child so "Mad" can have someone to relate to. That doesn't seem like a good reason to adopt kids...but that's just me.
Post a Comment