Well, like I didn't know it was going to happen, but working for the world's largest DIY lawn and gardening company is starting to become a bit tedious. I am finding that I can't get a damn thing done on the lawyering thing. I am biding my time until I get a lead on a decent part-time job (yes, as a lawyer) and if it comes through, then I can move along. But I'm really feeling run down and out of it these days. Full time mommying, then working until 10 p.m. every night, then working at least one weekend day ... I am too pooped to do even the most basic of lawyering. Anyway, I smell a two week notice a cookin'.
In other news, I planted some herbs in containers a few weeks ago and they are doing great. I'm making fresh pesto from my basil tomorrow for dinner. I also bought some tomato plants to put in containers.
Kurt and I are starting to prepare a garden, too. We'll be digging up the sod then introducing soil amendments and compost to the plot. It should be ready for next year. We have been talking about it for years. My grandmothers both had incredible gardens. I have really great memories of being in the garden and eating things that were alive mere seconds before I popped them into my mouth (yes, they were vegetables). Kurt's parents still have a really nice garden, though my parents had to give up theirs because the deer wouldn't stop eating everything.
See? I'm too tired to even write an interesting entry.
Friday, June 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment