
Hello family, pals and other interested parties. Now that school is finally over for me, I have time to contemplate an excuse for why I haven't started a blog yet.
I used to journal all the time back in the day. I even found a few of my journals from high school in the basement the other day. While reading, all I could think was, man, I wish I could go back in time and slap some sense into that girl.
Fast forward a decade or so, and now I am posting from here in stay-at-home-mommy land, where it feels a bit like the newest final frontier in my life. I love the boys, to be sure. The adult one and the two little ones. It can't be understated. It's the drooling, spitting, pooping, cleaning, feeding, arguing and time-outing that's gettin' on my nerves. Kurt should really be past all that by now.
I am not the scrapbook type. I have made several good faith efforts, but I'm just not. So as a result, while the years pass quickly, I'm not amassing any fossil records of my or my family's time here on Earth with cropped photos and cheeky captions affixed with ridiculously expensive stickers. And I'm just not writing as much as a writer should be. Despite all that law school business, you should know, I will always be a writer in my heart.
Hopefully this little project will always be stored somewhere, digitally, for future races to study and dissect. "Why was she so concerned about making a blog?" they will inquire. The answer is simple. To share her children's photos and family goings on with others. And because she's too dern lazy to scrapbook. Bad mommy! And because heaven knows the girl has too much to say -- occasionally relevant, often pithy, always sincere.
I'll let everyone know that the blog is here, but hereafter, if you care to read the posts, you'll just have to mosey on by on your own. I won't notify you everytime I post. And I can't promise it will be with any great regularity. At least not until Aron and Nate graduate college.
Hmm. Think I've covered everything. Oh, except perhaps you're wondering about the title. It's because we really like Chinese Food, and just about any other ethnic food. And yes, we really are a Happy Family.
2 comments:
Glad to see you have entered the realm of blogging. I am sure your creative mind will make for some interesting reading. You have a lovely family!
I like the name of your blog. Several years ago I worked near a chinese take-out place. On the menu board the daily lunch specials were highlighted. One day I could no longer contain my curiosity. I asked the owner, what does "A.M.C.C.W.P.F.R." (as it was clearly painted on the menu board)
With his perfect Chinese/American accent he responded: "All meal combos come with pork fried rice!"
Of course, how silly was I not to know! Keep Blogging!
I approve of any blog that involves a rhino's butt.
Post a Comment